Date last amended: 3 November 2023
1. Competition name
Plated Convenience launch competition
2. Promoter’s name
This competition is run by Momentum Multiply (Pty) Ltd, an entity within Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Limited, reg no 1971/006353/07, having its principal place of business at 268 West Avenue, Centurion, 0157 (herein referred to as “Multiply”).
This competition is run in collaboration with Plated Convenience, reg no: (herein referred to as “Plated Convenience”
In these rules, we refer to the above promoter(s) as “the promoter(s)”, “us”, “we”, or “our”. We will refer to participants as “you” or “your”.
3. The competition offer
The winner will receive a cash prize of up to R6 000 (Six Thousand Rand) from Plated Convenience. The cash prize will be equal to the amount spent on meals by the winner – up to a maximum of R6 000.
4. Competition period
The start date and time is from Wednesday, 18 October 2023 at 00:01 to Thursday, 30 November 2023 at 23:59.
5. How to participate
- Purchase Plated Convenience meals between 18 October 2023 - 30 November 2023.
- Each purchase is an automatic entry into the competition.
To patriciate in this competition, you must be:
- A natural person who is 18 years or older;
- A South African citizen or a permanent resident in the Republic of South Africa;
- In possession of a valid South African ID book, South African driving license or valid passport for identification purposes; and
- A Momentum Multiply Premier, Inspire/Plus or Engage/Plus Main Member or partner/spouse (“Member”).
This competition is not available for the following Members:
- Members who do not meet the eligibility criteria above in paragraph 6;
- All staff members of the promoters;
- The following persons may not take part in this competition even if they qualify to take part. They will forfeit (give up) any prizes awarded to them:
- Any employee of the promoter(s);
- Any director, member, partner, agent of, or consultant of the promoter(s);
- Any other person who directly or indirectly controls the promoter(s); and
- The spouse, life partner, siblings, children, or parents of any of the persons named in the points above.
8. Winner selection
- Plated Convenience will draw one winner at random selection from all eligible entries by 30 November 2023.
- In addition, 2 (two) backup winners will be drawn.
9. Winner announcement
- The winner’s contact details will be obtained from the entries received.
- Multiply will inform the winner telephonically or via email within two working days after his/her name has been drawn that he/she has won the prize.
- If winners cannot be contacted after three attempts over three working days, then the next backup winner will be contacted, and their prize will be forfeited and allocated to that backup winner.
- We will announce the winners on the following platforms: Facebook.com/MultiplyRSA, twitter.com/MultiplyRSA & Instagram.com/MultiplyRSA
If a Member’s Multiply membership is terminated for whatever reason after being entered into the Competition but before the winner announcement is made, the relevant entry to the competition will be declared invalid.
11. Reference to third party terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions will also apply to members who participate in this competition/campaign:
- Plated Convenience terms and conditions. Read more here.
- You understand and agree that to offer this competition, we may collect and use your personal information. This personal information may include your first name, last name, email address, mobile number and, in certain instances, your image.
- Personal information which you provide during this competition may, subject to prevailing law, be used for future marketing activity unless you notify us that you wish to opt out of receiving such marketing communications.
- By entering the competition, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this competition.
- In the unlikely event of a dispute, Multiply’s decision shall be final and binding on all aspects of this promotional competition, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Multiply cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act of default by a third party.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition/campaign.
- If any provision or part of these terms, conditions and/or rules is deemed void or otherwise unenforceable in law, then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded, and the remainder of these terms, conditions and rules shall remain in force.
- Any violation of these rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressing participant from the competition.
- You indemnify us from and against loss, damage, costs, expenses, and liabilities which you may suffer or incur arising from or as a result of using this competition, provided such loss did not arise due to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Momentum Multiply, their affiliates, agents and/or representatives.
- Unless we say otherwise, you must be 18 years of age and older to participate in the competition and must be pre-selected.
- The competition prize may not be sold or given to someone else.
- The competition prize cannot be exhanged for a different campaign/competition or reward/s.
- This prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other item.
- You cannot use this competition together with any other Multiply promotion/competition.
- If, for any reason, Multiply cannot provide the prize, Multiply will award an alternative prize of a similar value.
14. Rule amendments
- These terms, conditions and/or rules cannot be modified or superseded except by us, in our reasonable and sole discretion, in a written revision to these rules posted on multiply.co.za, other campaign/competition communication methods used by Multiply.
- Multiply reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw any aspect of this competition/campaign in its sole discretion at any time without notice or liability.
- In the event of such termination, all entrants/participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the promoter, its agents or employees.
15. Contact details
16. Other important information
- A copy of these terms and conditions can be found on Plated Convenience’s website and the Momentum Multiply website.
- You may not attempt to do anything to change the outcome of this competition/campaign in any way.
- Any violation, minor transgression, and any attempt or whatever may be deemed to be of the same value by the promoter will automatically result in disqualification.
- The clauses in these terms, conditions and rules are severable.
- Where any dates or times need to be calculated in terms of this document, the international standard time: GMT plus two hours will be used.
- While the promoter/s may allow you extra time to comply with your obligations or decide not to exercise any or all of your rights or waive certain requirements, the promoter/s can still insist on strict application of any of its rights at a later stage.